FAMILY & FRIENDS
You can’t be there all the time to protect
the people you love. We can.
SeniorSafe isn’t a title monitoring service. We “freeze” a home’s title so it can’t be sold, mortgaged or given away until it is unfrozen. The homeowner set the rules for unfreezing the title, for example:
- “Make sure my sister sees the contract before I sign it.”
- “For one year after either of us dies, make sure the survivor has a lawyer.”
- “If I modify my will after I turn 75, it has to be done through my lawyer.”
Your role as friend, relative or advisor
- Review the terms of any proposed sale, mortgage or gift with your loved one.
- Ask yourself whether he or she is:
- Aware: Does she know she is signing over her house?
- Exercising Judgment: Does she care that her children will no longer inherit it?
- Acting Independently: Does she appear to be acting on her own free will?
- Tick a box to let us know whether you are comfortable with the transaction
proceeding without a lawyer.
- Adding anyone to the deed
- Signing the house over to an investor
- Reverse and wraparound mortgages
If you see any red flags, we’ll get a lawyer involved.
You are not becoming a guardian. You won’t have to co-sign anything. There are no fees for you to pay.